On 29th and 30th of October 2019–and in days leading to them–the Bahá’í World will celebrate the Bicentenary of the Birth of the Báb, the Herald of the Bahá’í Faith. The Vancouver Bahá’í Community, too, will mark the occasion by hundreds of activities in communities, neighbourhoods, and homes around Vancouver. This page contains resources for “Bahá’ís and those at their sides in the field of service” who wish to participate and leave their personal or collective marks on this occasion.
From the Bahá’í World Centre
- Letter from the Universal House of Justice dated October 2019 addressed To all who have come to honour the Herald of a new Dawn PDF
- “Dawn of the Light”, Featured film, commissioned for the Bicentenary: https://www.bahai.org/dawn-of-the-light
- Excerpts from messages of the Universal House of Justice concerning the bicentenary celebrations PDF (compiled by the National Spiritual Assembly)
- Bicentenary Website from the Bahá’í World Centre: bicentenary.bahai.org
- Letter dated 18 May 2016 on behalf of the Universal House of Justice containing guidance on the Bicentenary of the Birth of the Báb. PDF
From the National Spiritual Assembly
- From a letter dated 15 Oct. 2019 to All Spiritual Assemblies: “In addition to accessing the film at the bicentenary website of the Bahá’í World Centre at https://bicentenary.bahai.org/the-bab/ in six languages, the friends may wish to use a Canadian mirror site established to offer quicker download times. This site will also host various other language versions as we receive them from around the world. The Canadian site can be found at https://portal.bahai.ca/bicentenary/main.jsp. We also wish to remind you that DVDs of the film in English and French, as well as USB flash drives with English, French and Persian versions of the film are available upon request from the Bahá’í National Centre.”
- Letter from the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Canada addressed to “Canada’s Bahá’ís and those at their sides in the field of service” dated 23 Sep 2019. PDF (click here to see the attachment to the letter)
Two brief and beautiful presentations on the life and mission of the Báb have been produced, one in English entitled “The Báb: The Gate and Herald of Bahá’u’lláh” and a distinct publication in French entitled “Le Báb, La Porte”. Both are available for purchase through the Bahá’í Distribution Service at https://bookstore.bahai.ca and Bahá’í bookstores. Proceeds from the sale of the English-language publication will be contributed to the construction of the Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá.
You may also be aware that dedicated accounts on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube are regularly updated with images and videos in honour of the two bicentenary celebrations. Our own Canadian Bahá’í website will also be hosting links to these materials at www.bahai.ca/bicentenary.